12" x 16"

hawk-eye.jpg

Hawk Eye

Oil on Canvas

8" x 10"

F. Michael Wood, OPA, AIS

American Impressionist

F. Michael Wood - Biography

Fredric Michael Wood OPA, AIS

In short, I've been a professional artist for the past 30 years. In that time I have paticipated in numerous national and regional exhibitions, and have been fortunate to have garnered some recognition along the way. My painting "Offshore Breeze" was selected for the 2002 30th Anniversary Issue Cover of Southwest Art.

I am a "Signature" Member of Oil Painters of America, and Associate Member of the  American Imressionist Society. 

My passion for painting came about while my family was stationed in France in the mid 50's. I discovered European art there and was drawn to it and captivated by it into my college years when art became more expressive and less defined formally. Because of my early exposure to the classic and the romantic artists of earlier times, and later the imressionists, particularly the American Impressionists, I resolved to continue my explorations of the traditional techniques and images which had inspired me.

While in my last year of college at San Jose State University a museum director saw some of my work and to my suprise, I was priviledged to be given a show at the Triton Museum of art located in Downtown San Jose Ca. I decided to drop out of college and pursue my dream of being an artist!

I had no idea then that I wasn't even close to being ready to join that society which intriqued me so, but I guess ignorance truly is bliss, and determination to learn and succeed got me thru the hard lessons ahead, which will always lie ahead, for learning to see, I realize, is a lifelong pursuit! I also realize that there will always be something remaining unseen, that I will always be partially blind, that something mysterious which will always elude, one revelation revealing only another veil, this one, perhaps, conceling the artist's Arc of the Covenent! Maybe I should call it ARTEOLOLOGY!

My greatest motivation and my greatest challenge came from trying to absorb and emmulate the styles of artists which preceeded me;

artists like Sorrolla, Sargent, and other fine art luminaries, of the 19th and 20th century, and also many of the great American artist/illustrators of the "Golden Age" of illustration from the 19th and 20th century: Frank Tenney Johnson, N. C. Wyeth,

Frank Benson, and many others, while bringing into the mix my own unique vision and style.

Gallery Representation:

Christopher Queen galleries, Duncans mills, Ca.

The Garden Gallery, Half moon Bay, Ca.

Annualy juried into the presitigious "Salon International Exhibition" hosted by the Greenhouse Gallery of Fine Art, in San Antonio, Tx.

The current exhibiton is up thru the balance of April.

www.greenhousegallery.com 

American Impressionist:

F. Michael Wood OPA, AIS

www.fmichaelwood.com 

In short, I have been a professional artist for the past 30 years. In that time I have paticipated in numerous national and regional exhibitions, and have been fortunate to have garnered a few awards along the way. The painting pictured here  titled "Offshore Breeze" was selected for the 2002 30th Anniversary Issue Cover of Southwest Art.

My passion for painting came about while my family was stationed in France in the mid 50's. I discovered European art there and was drawn to it and captivated by it into my college years when art became more expressive and less defined formally. Because of my early exposure to the classic and the romantic artists of earlier times, and later the imressionists, particularly the American Impressionists, I resolved to continue my explorations of the traditional techniques and images which had inspired me.

While in my last year of college at San Jose State University a museum director saw some of my work and to my suprise, I was priviledged to show at the Triton Museum of art located in Downtown San Jose Ca. I decided to drop out of college and pursue my dream of being an artist!

I had no idea then that I wasn't even close to being ready to join that society which intriqued me so, but I guess ignorance truly is bliss, and determination to learn and succeed got me thru the hard lessons ahead, which will always lie ahead, for learning to see, I realize, is a lifelong pursuit! I also realize that there will always be something remaining unseen, that I will always be partially blind, that something mysterious which will always elude, one revelation revealing only another veil, this one, perhaps, conceling the artist's Arc of the Covenent! Maybe I should call it ARTEOLOLOGY!

My work can always be seen at the following galleries:

Christopher Queen galleries, Duncans mills, Ca.

The Garden Gallery, Haf moon Bay, Ca.  

댓글 2

판넬 작업도 재밌을까요?

붓질이 틀릴 것 같아요..

판넬에 종이 입혀서 일러스트는 많이 해봤지만

판넬에 캔버스는 어떤 느낌일지.. 궁금하네요.^^

판넬에 천입혀서 그리면 뒤가 막혀있으니 붓질할때 느낌이 별로다라는 사람들이 있긴해요.

하이퍼 리얼리즘 작업할땐 밑작업으로 사포질해야 하니 그때 판넬에 천입힌것이 더 편합니다.

위 작가는 자체제작한건 아니고 기성품 판넬에 천 씌워진걸 사용한것 같아요.

List of Articles
번호 제목